Hew%20Tyler
Quantcast Your Face Gives Me the Diarrhea: More from long ago...
My Photo
Name:
Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Stop reading this.

Monday, April 03, 2006

More from long ago...

I wrote this in June of 2003 while summering in Scottsboro....

THE CASTAWAY

There are waters with you
I promised I would never swim
But lately I've been regretting it all
And I've been thinking of diving in
So I'll give you a moment
To hold your nose
And then I'll take your hand
We'll walk off this lonely shore
Barefoot on the sand

Don't you know we're swimming now
In a sea of irony
You found what you were looking for
I found it wasn't me
Don't you know I'm drowning now
In sadness and mediocrity
And it seems like such a long long time
Since you drifted away from me

Now the sea is getting rough
And I can't tell up from down
IT's been so long since I've had air
I wonder if there's any to be found
Don't you know I'm drowning now
The waves keep crashing down
And I know I'll love you
As long as I'm alive and you're around
As long as there is you and there is me
But soon I'll be dead and floating
Out here on this sea

I wish that I was somewhere
Far from where I am
I wish that you would save me now
I wish you gave a damn
Don't you know I'm drowning here
I've got nowhere left to go
And I wish you felt I loved you
So much more than you'll ever know
And you were everything I wanted
The only one I'll miss
I've gotten over many things
But I'm never getting over this

The winds are raging now
And the water is so cold
I used to feel so young
But now I just feel old
And it's hard to keep my head up
No air for my lungs to hold
One last gasp for breath?
It'd be hopelessly too bold
Don't you know I'm dying now
The swell's gotten too strong
But at leastI die knowing
Loving you was never wrong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home