Hew%20Tyler
Quantcast Your Face Gives Me the Diarrhea: Something from long ago...
My Photo
Name:
Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Stop reading this.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Something from long ago...

I wrote this passage circa November 2003...



Standing there in the drizzling rain among masses of strangers,
I looked to my right and saw one pair of eyes that I recognized.
And I've heard people say that it's odd to recollect the past.
That it’s odd to relive the feelings and memories of yesteryear.
But as the rain began to fall a little faster, the memories came
flooding back, and at that moment none of it seemed like so long
ago. There were fireworks blasting above the castle of the magic
kingdom, and the music of "When You Wish Apon a Star" was playing.
The seconds seemed like hours. I could have stayed suspended in
that eternal slow-motion, locked in her eyes forever. I wanted
nothing more than to go to her and wrap my hands around her waist,
while standing behind her soft body. So close that I could smell
her damp hair and that she could feel my warm breath. I couldn't
take my eyes off of her, but at the same time I realized I had to
look away because I love her, and I promised I wouldn't. It was a
magical moment that I wanted to share with her more than anyone
else in the world. And when the crowd on the puddle filled Main
Street USAwas compelled over a loud speaker by the voice of Walt
Disney to make a wish, I only wished that she felt the same.
It is moments like that I will never forget. It is moments like
those when I am eternally grateful that tears are hidden by
raindrops
.












SIGH *DAMNIT*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home