Hew%20Tyler
Quantcast Your Face Gives Me the Diarrhea: In the Little Rock Airport
My Photo
Name:
Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Stop reading this.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

In the Little Rock Airport

So much fun here in this place...

I'm sitting in a terminal by gate 12. I'm on the very end of a row of seats that wobble every time some gets up or sits down. People are getting up and sitting down a lot and it's annoying the hell out of me. There's a lady to my left chowing on some quizno's. As for me, I'm waiting on a flight to Memphis where I just might get another one of those wonderful cheeseburgers from the blue note cafe in their terminal. It's amazing how an eight dollar burger can brighten one's entire day (ironic...an 8 dollar burger). See they get you in these terminals and they've got you trapped for hours on end with no other options for food. There are definitely no other options for drink outside of the three ounces of whiskey I can get in (I'm only kidding. I don't really have whiskey in the terminal...I wish I did). This trip has definitely been an experience for me. I've never flown alone before, and definitely never flown before with layovers. The only unfortunate thing about flying...layovers. I guess a two hour sit in the Memphis terminal isn't so bad. I saw a great many things while visiting Arkansas Tech. From a distance I saw the "double-wide in the sky" that is the Bill Clinton Presidential Library. I didn't actually go in. I'm sure it's lovely in there. Full of memorabilia from his Presidency...stained dresses, cigars...etc.(Someone just got up and sat down. I am getting pissed off and may have to move). I also saw the wonderful sunset at the top of none other than Mt. Nebo (pronounced NEEBO...that's right Alfred, in Arkansas, you have your own mountain). It stormed like hell both nights I was at Russellville. They say they don't get many storms like that. I don't believe it. I'm going to watch the weather around here for a good week and see what I think about it. MAKE AN ASSESSMENT. The entire staff at Tech were really friendly and very welcoming. I had a really good time. We even ate lunch in the presidential box overlooking the football field (classy, CLASSY). Seriously, it was pretty swank. After a morning of interviews in the suit and tie, we got to change into casual attire and take a walking tour of the campus. It was a really nice campus. Older, but nice. After the tour we went to a local place called Stoby's for dinner. It had a train car as part of their dining area. We ate in that. It was awesome. They even had a real train whistle attached to it (I gave it a good long yank, and so did your mother). After dinner we drove up Mt. Nebo. It was about 2 miles of steep switchbacks. It reminded me a lot of July Mountain in Scottsboro. I vow I will return someday and run up Mt. Neebo.

I wonder how long my battery will last. I can't get the icon to show up in my toolbar. I know I can plug in somewhere around here. I just have to find an outlet. Maybe I'll just wait till Memphis to plug in. I think it'll be okay. Damn laptop. The stinking disk drive won't open on the side anymore. I'm going to have to look into that. More updates later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home