Hew%20Tyler
Quantcast Your Face Gives Me the Diarrhea: Way over due for an update
My Photo
Name:
Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Stop reading this.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Way over due for an update

So...I've got a lot of time on my hands. Since graduate school, I worked at a University in Tennessee in Chattanooga that will go without name. I was there from June 28, 2010 to May 31, 2011. During that time I experienced the worst place to ever work in my life. I truly feel my supervisors were threatened by my abilities. When push came to shove I decided it was time to cut the ties and jump the tracks (for never to return...at least in the position I was in).

Currently, I'm job searching...and living with the parents. It's not a fun situation by any means but I am appreciating the break I'm getting. I like to consider it an extended vacation. I've applied for 36 jobs since December but nothing is panning out.

The greatest and best thing in my life is that I'm engaged to an amazing woman. The problem is that she lives and works in Boise, Idaho...and I do not. Distance is painful and it's frustrating but I know that someday soon it will all be worth it.

In honor of my dear friend Mr. Guthrie, I'm going to do a top 8 bottom 4 for this week.

Top 8:

1. I'm at 20 miles and it's day 3 (I did 30 last week).
2. I've got a lot of awesome memories from the past.
3. I've met and enjoyed the company of many great people.
4. Getting quality time with the parents.
5. I built a fire last Saturday and it was awesome.
6. Mrs. Potter's Lullaby (Counting Crows).
7. I'm no longer in Hell.
8. Lost 6 LBS since coming home/running consistently (not changing eating habits).

Bottom 4:
1. Unemployment
2. Packed away all the trophies, plaques, ribbons, medals, etc. from high school and college running. Tired of the past mocking me and I'm out to do something new/prove something to myself.
3. I touched things I haven't touched in over a decade (I set things somewhere a decade ago).
4."The price of a memory, is the memory of the sorrow it brings..."



badeb badeb badeb...that's all folks. (why don't they show Looney Tunes on TV anymore?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home